If you have been involved in a car accident, it can be traumatizing both physically and emotionally. However, when you infuse chiropractic care in your recovery journey, it not only speeds up the process but also yields long-lasting results. Have you suffered an auto accident injury in or around Orland Park, IL? Book an appointment at Chiro-Med Health & Wellness Centers for natural and effective pain relief.
Common Injuries After a Car Accident
Car accidents can lead to numerous injuries. Whiplash is one of the most common auto accident injuries, especially in rear-end accidents. Whiplash occurs when the neck suffers a "whipping" motion after the head snaps back and forth rapidly, causing the neck's ligaments and tendons to overstretch. Other common injuries after an accident include:
- Sciatica: When the impact of a car accident irritates the sciatic nerve, you may experience pain traveling from the lower back to one leg.
- Shoulder injuries: Shoulder dislocations, rotator cuff tears, soft tissue injuries, and frozen shoulder are common after a car accident.
- Disc herniations: The accident's impact may cause the spinal discs to shift out of place, irritating nerves in the process. As a result, you could experience pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Neck pain: Blows and abrupt changes of direction of your body can cause injuries to your neck's ligaments, nerves, tendons, and muscles.
If you have suffered an auto accident, book an appointment with Dr. Miller immediately after receiving critical medical care. Chiropractors help with the recovery phase by focusing on the root cause of the pain instead of merely masking the symptoms with pain medication.
How Chiropractors Treat Auto Injuries
The good thing about chiropractic care is that it is natural, making it suitable for all patients, regardless of age. When you visit our chiropractor for auto injury treatment, we start by diagnosing your injuries. We will take your medical history, physically examine you, and use x-rays to pinpoint the exact location of your injury. After a proper diagnosis, we will provide one or more of the following treatments:
- Spinal decompression: This treatment aligns your spine, creating room in the spinal column. This results in reduced nerve pressure and improved mobility.
- Chiropractic adjustments: We will align your joints to reduce pressure on the spinal nerves. You will have reduced pain and improved mobility.
- Laser therapy: We use a special light to trigger cell energy processes which in turn leads to faster healing through tissue regeneration.
- Stretching exercises: Exercises are used to target specific areas of your body to reduce pain, improve mobility, and boost muscle resilience against future injuries.
Get Auto Accident Injury Treatment in Orland Park, IL
Are you dealing with an auto accident injury that isn’t going away? If you are in Orland Park or one of the surrounding communities and would like to learn more about our chiropractic services, call our team at Chiro-Med Health & Wellness Centers today at (708) 403 2727 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.