Benefits of Visiting Your Sports Injury Chiropractor in Orland Park, IL
It doesn’t matter if you are a professional athlete, a high school football player, or just enjoy a good game on the weekend with your friends. Any type of sport and the intensity of that sport can lead to a whole host of musculoskeletal injuries. Unfortunately, a sports injury can impact your performance, both on the field and in everyday life. Fortunately, you have the power to stand up against it with the help of our team at Chiro-Med Health & Wellness Centers.
Common Sports Injuries
From contact sports to running around your neighborhood, your musculoskeletal system is a target for various injuries. Some of the most common include the following:
- Sprains and strains
- Achilles tendonitis
- Knee injuries
- Shin splints
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Meniscus tears
- Herniated discs
- Nerve compression
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Muscle inflammation
- Back and shoulder injuries
When any of these injuries occur, it can lead to a great deal of pain and suffering. They can prevent optimal performance and, in some cases, keep you from your favorite sport altogether.
How a Sports Injury Chiropractor Can Help
Sports injury chiropractors are well-versed in the neuromusculoskeletal system and are uniquely poised to help you achieve health, recovery, and optimal performance through natural methods.
To do so, chiropractors address both the soft and hard tissues of the body. Through various types of adjustments and methods of manipulation, chiropractors help restore proper alignment to the skeletal system. Soft tissue manipulation can help fight tension and inflammation, healing injuries quickly and naturally.
Sports injury chiropractors also utilize physical therapy. It is a combination of techniques that often include massage therapy, therapeutic stretches, therapeutic exercises, nutritional counseling, lifestyle recommendations, and more to achieve the following.
- Reduction in pain: By addressing issues throughout the neuromusculoskeletal system, physical therapy can provide natural pain relief.
- Enhanced healing: Removing obstructions, such as tension and misalignments, and improving circulation can speed up your recovery.
- Restored mobility: Physical therapy improves your range of motion, helping you move through life and your preferred sport better than ever.
- Injury prevention: One gem of physical therapy is that it doesn’t just work to address injuries now but also to prevent them from occurring in the future.
Get Back to Life with Your Sports Injury Chiropractor in Orland Park, IL
Don’t let a sports injury slow you down. Schedule an appointment with our chiropractors at Chiro-Med Health & Wellness Centers by calling (708) 403-2727 today.